Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Understanding The Undecided

It's always like walking through a mine field when discussing politics in social settings. I have really been wanting to understand what an undecided voter is thinking, so I tread carefully in recent conversations to try and gain a little insight. The group I spoke with were older than I am, so they also had my due respect. It seemed to be a consensus that it wasn't that one candidate was worse than the other, they just didn't like either choice. They told me that they would just rather not vote because they didn't want to be part of choosing.

In theory, I agree with them. I do not like either candidate but I don't want to waste my vote or not vote. But I also know the problems are not just with the presidential candidates, but are also with the congressional candidates - the career politicians who have lost sight as to what government service is supposed to mean.

I can empathize with the undecideds, it tough. I think I'm just going to vote a straight party ticket, pray and try to work like hell to wake people up so we can start getting REAL change in place during the next four years.

One place we need to reclaim is the education of our children and the education of all Americans - you think Jay Leno's "Jay Walking" is just entertainment? Read John Stossel's - A Duty Not To Vote.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: