Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Agents of Change Have Spoken

The agents of "change" have spoken. I still believe that it was more of a "pretty face, feel good" election. I am sure over the next days and months I will be called a racist. Those who feel they are entitled will inflate that attitude. I wonder how long it will be before I lose the right to blog how I feel? I wonder how long it will be before I can no long watch FoxNews, listen to Rick & Bubba every morning, or read Neal Boortz? How do I console someone who feels everything his grandfather fought for has been lost with this election?

I have two years to find other like voices, two years to educate, two years to watch, in fear, what direction the country I love heads towards. I pray that I am wrong about how I feel.

Welcome to the U.S.S.A.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Leslie, I just found this site! (I was doing a search for some Charpie genealogy info, and up popped your blog!)

Anyways, what triggered it popping up was you musing about how you influenced me to go to the Academy. Hate to burst your bubble, but you didn't influence me to "go" there (that was decided before we met), instead, you helped fortify me to "stay" there and not drop out. During my 4 years there, I always remembered the encouragement you gave me before I left, and especially the admonition to not "pull a L******" (name shall be hidden to protect the individuals privacy, but I'm sure you remember!)


Anyways, many thanks for that encouragement that got me thru a rough 4 years!


Ken